HIM Panama offers occupational health services to 83 country offices in the Americas and Africa.
HIM has the following assignments:
- Promote healthy behaviors and safety awareness to all local staff members.
- Facilitate the admission and discharge of IOM staff and their eligible dependents in hospitals or clinics.
- Improve the communications flow seamlessly and efficiently with the treating Doctors and advice staff members on health matters.
- Respond to emergency medical situation for IOM staff who need medical travel or evacuation within the country or abroad.
- Evaluate mandatory staff health examinations such as pre-employment, annual driver examinations, MSP admission, etc.
- Provide travel medicine services including travel clearances of staff members and consultants in EVD affected countries.
- Review and approve of medical claims and quotations, maternity and sick leaves.